We noticed people are really interested in tips on how to choose the perfect sofa, so we are getting back to this subject with 5 more tips for you.
The sofa in your living room will serve you for years, but choosing it might prove to be a touchstone. Here are some extra tips to make sure you are not making any regretful mistakes:
1. Choose the place where you want to place it and stick to it. Once you planned a living room design, if you turn things around, the pieces might not fall perfectly in their space in the end. Once you have made a decision regarding the space, carefully measure it to see what kind of sofa you need. For example, you may want to buy a huge, comfy, sofa, but if the space is too small, it will look hideous.
2. We know this might sound a bit odd, but you really need to consider what kind of activities your sofa will be involved in. If you are going to use it to sit your guests, a harder one would be a better choice. On the other hand, if you are mostly going to use it yourself, for relaxing activities like reading, a soft one would be great.
3. Don’t forget color coordination. Many retailers offer sample fabrics for you to take home and see if the texture and color match your design.
4. Consider a protective cover. If you have pets or small children, a protective cover will help you a lot, at least until they grow up and are able to be more careful with their foods, drinks etc.
5. Measure the access space. We’ve seen this way to many times so it needs to be mentioned. Your sofa won’t teleport itself into your living room, so make sure your doors and hallways are wide enough.